Thursday, August 11, 2011

Career switch to IT security? Please help.?

Sooo, I have a BA in Humanities and a MS in Accounting. I am a veteran and worked in Defense Intel and used to have a top secret clearance but it has expired. I worked as an auditor until my daughter was born but now I'm ready to go back to work and its very tough trying to find a job. I think we will be moving to Ft. Huachuca (for husband's job) and I did some research. There are like NO accounting jobs there but there are lots of IT jobs. If I were to get my comptia a+, network+, and security+, do you think I could get a decent job with no experience? Another option is the (ISC)2 which is a program whereby I could take the CISSP exam BEFORE acquiring any experience (and then receiving the actual cert later). What are my prospects of getting a decent job with no IT experience? Thank you so, so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment