Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Can CPA uses my bank account to pay bills for me without telling me?

I have used this CPA for filing my income tax for years. Recently my girlfriend noticed there were many repeated transactions and fees in my bank account to wire money out. There were 8 of $100 in one day and 4 of $125 in another day. They all go to the state auditor's bank account. After my girlfriend filed fraud with bank, I told my CPA of it. He said he knew them and it would be another $1000 more. This charges were not related to this years income tax because I haven't file for this year's yet. My girl friend doubt why my CPA not inform me of this before hand. Can my CPA just uses my bank account to pay bills for me like this? CPA also said since gov't has my bank account number on file when I file income tax, the gov't can takes money automatically. True?

No comments:

Post a Comment